As we become more aware of the damage harmful substances can do, not just to the environment but to our health and wellbeing, a greater number of people are moving towards an eco-friendly lifestyle.
Whether it’s single-use plastics, harmful pesticides, cleaning products, or an over-reliance on fossil fuels to heat our homes or run our vehicles, there are a few things we should be reducing or cutting out altogether.
Housebuilders too are facing demands as the rise in popularity of sustainable homes increases. Many people are either downsizing or going green. By improving the quality of our home environment, we can enhance our overall welfare, and give nature a helping hand.
Here’s just a few:
- Smart homes. A smart home enables homeowners to control appliances such as thermostats, lights, and other devices through the internet via a downloaded app. Smart home technology can be extremely cost-effective and may lower your carbon footprint considerably.
- Modern Such as washing machines and refrigerators that run on lower power and use less water.
- Solar panels. Save money on energy bills
- Prefab homes. Prefabricated homes use fewer materials and are more durable. This means less waste during construction and fewer repairs over time.
- Non–toxic materials. From furnishing your home to wall and floor coverings, eliminating toxic substances found in certain paints, varnishes, and some wood products such as ply or pressed wood can create a healthier living space.
Though still in its infancy, sustainable living can be luxurious and affordable. For example, this beautiful eco-friendly townhome is located within an exclusive complex in the fashionable 5 de Diciembre neighborhood of Puerto Vallarta. Featuring low water consuming plumbing fixtures, use of insulated panels for thermal efficiency, on-demand gas water heaters to minimize energy consumption, 100% recyclable steel frame among other features. This property is sold fully furnished and is ready for you to move in.
If you are in Puerto Vallarta or planning to come soon, give me a call or send me an email to schedule a showing.